You can use emotach, the Swiss on-board unit, to pay the Performance-Related Heavy Vehicle Charge (HVC) in Switzerland and Liechtenstein and the GO toll in Austria. The prerequisite is the registration of your emotach device with the Austrian GO toll system. For more information on emotach, please visit the website of the Swiss Federal Office for Customs and Border Security (FOCBS).
Here's how to register your emotach on-board unit
Provide proof of EURO emission class and drive type with registration certificate and – if necessary – by CoP, CEMT and/or CoC.
Important information for vehicle owners with a British vehicle’s registration: In addition to your vehicle registration you ought to send us the Reduced Pollution Certificate (RPC) and the Low Emissions Certificate (LEC) provided by the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA).
You can send us the documents as follows:
- We will send you the vehicle declaration by e-mail. Please check the data.
- You will receive a chip card from the Federal Office for Customs and Border Security (FOCBS). Stick it onto the emotach device.
- Read the information on operating the emotach device and on the signal tones in Austria.
- Have any of your personal details changed? Tell us about any changes using the change form.
- Always carry the vehicle declaration in the vehicle!
Have a nice journey!