The obligation to pay the toll applies to all vehicles using Austrian motorways and expressways.* The toll rate system is regulated by the tolling regulations.
* Permanent exemptions from the mandatory toll are:
- Motor vehicles to which headlamps or warning lights with blue light are visibly attached
- Military vehicles
- Motor vehicles of the public security service, the financial administration, the judicial guard
You are obliged to pay the GO toll for an HGV, a bus or a heavy motorhome
All vehicles with a maximum permissible weight of over 3.5 tons are subject to a mileage-based GO toll when using Austrian motorways and expressways – commonly known as truck toll.
On this website, we provide you with all the information you require regarding mileage-based toll in Austria for vehicles with a maximum permissible weight of over 3.5 tons.
Cars, motorbikes and light mobile homes buy a vignette or a route toll ticket
For information regarding the time dependent tolls – sticker, toll sticker or passenger car tolls – for all vehicles with a maximum permissible weight up to 3.5 tons, please visit shop.asfinag.at.
The amount of the mileage-dependent toll depends on:
- kilometres travelled
- number of axles of your vehicle
- time of day (day and night tariff)
- pollutant emissions of your vehicle
You must provide ASFINAG with documents that prove the rate-relevant characteristics of your vehicle (applicable from EURO IV onwards, drive type).